We are looking for passionate, creative, analytical, and experienced candidates for the position of Senior Data Engineer. To join our growing team, please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications. While this is our ideal list, we will consider candidates that do not necessarily have all the qualifications but have sufficient experience and talent.
- Design and Develop of Data Warehousing, Reporting and Analytics solutions that deliver information efficiently, with the end goal to solve business challenges and achieve business objectives.
- Design and develop ETL (extract-transform-load) processes to validate and transform data, calculate metrics and attributes, and populate data models.
- Implement data security whenever required.
- Design interactive and analytical dashboards and scorecards.
- Build tabular and paginated reports.
- Prepare business analysis and requirements documents.
- Prepare source-to-target mappings, data dictionaries, and database design documentation.
- Prepare unit tests for all work to be released to live environment (including data validation scripts for data sets releases or changes).
- Implement performance tuning on databases, OLAP cubes, tabular data models, reports and dashboards based on monitoring.
- Organize and deliver knowledge transfer to clients.
- Proactively seek to develop self.
- Look to improve technical skills, industry/Future knowledge, and analytical techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience with T-SQL DDL, DML, DQL, and DCL commands.
- 4+ years of experience in dimensional modelling and data warehousing.
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis, wrangling, and quality using T-SQL and Python.
- Data modelling tools ex. Erwin (preferred).
- 4+ years of experience with SSIS.
- Other data integration tools like ODI, Informatica, and Talend (preferred).
- 4+ years of experience with SSAS.
- 4+ years of experience in Power BI.
- Other data visualization and analytics tools like Tableau and Qlik (preferred).
- 4+ years of experience with DAX and MDX.
- 4+ years of experience in SSRS.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Ecosystem, including but not limited to Azure SQL and Synapse Analytics, Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2, Azure Analysis Services (preferred).
- Expert problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of Agile / SCRUM methodologies.