As a UC Junior Engineer, you will be an integral part of our IT team, responsible for providing support and assistance in the management, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange Server environments, and Teams voice. You will work closely with senior engineers and administrators to ensure the smooth operation of the email infrastructure, assisting in implementing new features, and resolving technical issues.
This position is ideal for an entry-level IT professional with a passion for Microsoft Exchange technologies and a desire to grow within a collaborative and innovative environment.
Microsoft Exchange Responsibilities:
- Assist in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange Server and related components.
- Monitor the Exchange environment to ensure high availability, optimal performance, and efficient usage of resources.
- Provide end-user support for email-related issues, including mailbox access, email routing, and connectivity problems.
- Assist in the management of user accounts, distribution lists, and other Exchange objects.
- Collaborate with the IT team to plan and implement Exchange server updates, patches, and service packs.
- Participate in troubleshooting and resolving email-related incidents, investigating root causes and implementing preventive measures.
- Support the backup and recovery processes for Exchange data to ensure data integrity and disaster recovery readiness.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining email security measures, including spam filtering and malware protection.
- Contribute to the documentation of Exchange server configurations, procedures, and best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Microsoft Exchange Server trends, updates, and advancements.
- Participate in training and development activities to enhance your technical skills and knowledge.
Teams Voice Responsibilities:
- Complete PBX migration via Microsoft Teams Enterprise voice
- Provide Microsoft Teams solution design, plan and delivery in complex and regulated locations with multiple separate legal entities collocated in the same site.
- To create or validate inter-relationships between PBX users in same or different sites and to design corresponding MS Teams features and dependencies;
- To create/validate PBX to Enterprise Voice migration plan, to ensure all deployments meet the level of readiness as stipulated by the user migration team.
- Knowledge about Unified Communications / Collaboration industry standards & trends
- Strong presentation skills in verbal and written communication,
- Skills and proven experience with following products:
- MS Teams Voice
- SIP Protocol
- MS Teams endpoints including but not limited to IP phones
- Knowledge about various PBXs including but not limited to Avaya, Cisco, Session Border Controllers & Media Gateways SIP trunks (Centralized, Local)
- Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Cloud PBX features and system/user administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server (2016, 2019, or later versions).
- Familiarity with email protocols, such as SMTP, POP, and IMAP.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Windows Server operating systems.
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting for Exchange administration tasks is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot technical issues effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to provide support to end-users and collaborate with team members.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Eagerness to learn and grow within the IT field, with a particular interest in Microsoft Exchange technologies.
- Relevant certifications, such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate, are advantageous but not required.